- Will I be notified of my test results?
You will only be notified of test results if there is any need for further follow-up. You are welcome to phone our practice nurse after a week, if you wish to discuss your results. ( This will give the GP time to see the results and action accordingly).
- Why did the patient who arrived after me get seen before me?
The patient was seen before you for one of the following reasons. You might have arrived early for your appointment or It was a medical emergency.
or the reception staff might not have been informed of your arrival. Please enquire at Reception if you have been waiting for more that 30 minutes.
- Will I be able to see another doctor than my own today?
You will only be able to see another doctor if your doctor is not available.
- Will I be charged extra for a faxed prescription?
You will be charged an extra $2.00 for a faxed prescription and the pharmacy also has a surcharge.
- Will I be able to get a prescription on the same day as my request?
You are able to get a urgent prescription at a cost of an extra $5.00 or at the discretion of the doctor.
- Can the nurse do a prescription for antibiotics?
The nurses do not have the authority to sign a prescription for antibiotics.